We (Paper Communication Exhibition Services) take individual privacy seriously. This Statement explains our policies and practices.
We respect your privacy and we promise:
- to implement computer, physical and procedural safeguards to protect the security and confidentiality of the personal data we collect
- to permit only properly trained, authorized employees to access personal data
- not to disclose your personal data to external parties unless you have agreed, we are required by law or we have previously informed you.
1. Information collection
In order to provide a better service to you, we may collect information when you register with us, use our services, attend our functions, or communicate with us.
2. Use of information
The purposes for which information may be used by us in and outside Hong Kong include:
- our operations, e.g., incorporation into our database, analysis, research and auditing
- notification of PCES trade fairs in Hong Kong and promotional events or trade fairs around the world
- distribution of PCES publications and research materials
- marketing PCES services or products
- complying with laws in or outside Hong Kong
- legal proceedings, including collecting overdue amounts
- other related purposes.
We may conduct direct marketing via fax, email, direct mail, telephone and other means of communication, or send e-newsletters to you. You may choose not to receive promotional materials, by simply telling us (see below for contact details), and we will cease to do so, without charge. You may also click the button “unsubscribe” to terminate receiving our promotional email.
We will keep the personal data we hold confidential but may provide information to:
- personnel, agents, advisers, auditors, contractors, financial institutions, and service providers in connection with our operations or services
- our overseas offices, affiliates, business partners and counterparts
- persons to whom we are required to make disclosure under applicable laws in or outside Hong Kong
- actual or proposed transferees or participants of our services
We cannot control how third parties use information.
4. Cookies [applicable to online user]
Cookies are commonly used to facilitate transmission and to provide more useful features. It is a piece of data stored in your computer. We use these devices to find out more about the use of our websites and user preferences, in order to improve our services. We may share summarized traffic data with advertisers. We note traffic, pages visited and time spent. You are not identified. However if you agree by registering with us, we may link the information to you, so that you may receive information more suited to your interests.
You may set your browser to reject cookies, or tell you when a cookie is being sent.
Cookies are necessary for some features of the website to work, e.g., to maintain continuity during a session. If they are not accepted, those features may not work properly.
4.1 We use an email delivery and marketing company to send emails that you have agreed to receive. Pixels tags and cookies are used in those emails and at our website to help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use our web site. Browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings are usually found in the ‘Options’ or ‘Preferences’ menu of your browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful. Otherwise, you should use the ‘Help’ option in your browser for more details.
- Cookie settings in Chrome?
- Cookie settings in Firefox?
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer?
- Cookie settings in Safari?
4.2 We use a third-party advertising company to serve ads when you visit our Web site. This company may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visit to this Web site in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you. In the course of serving advertisements to this site, our third-party advertiser may place or recognize a unique “cookie” on your browser. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by this company, please click here: //www.doubleclick.net/us/corporate/privacy
5. Your consent and rights
By using our service, making an application or visiting our website, you consent to the collection and use of your information and other activities as outlined in this Statement.
Under the Hong Kong Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, individuals have the right:
- to check whether we hold personal data about you and to access such data
- to require us to correct inaccurate data
- to ascertain our policies and practices in relation to personal data and the kind of personal data held by us.
Please send requests to access or correct data, to cease communications, and questions or complaints to:
Rm. 15, 5/F., Wah Shing Centre, 11 Shing Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Tel：(852) 2763 9011 Fax：(852) 2341 0379
We may charge a reasonable fee for processing a data access request.
If there is any conflict between the Chinese and English versions of this Statement, the English version prevails.